Monday, May 7, 2012

Beyond Layers II

Inspirational thoughts and projects hosted by Kim Klassen



Day Three~ Week Two

         

Day three centered around describing yourself in six words.  Kim's referral to Smith Mag detailed the ideas in back of the 6 Word Memoir.  There were lots of clever little ditties, mine, of course mostly a reflection of nature around me.   I did come up with a few quick ones:



Simple at heart, right from the start
Magic wings, a heart that sings
Organizing my dreams into wonderful things
Starting Monday, oh no! not again!
  
We were then asked to take or find a photo that helps describe our 6 Word Memoir and then to consider one word as the underlying theme of the 6 Word Memoir.



Magic wings, a heart that sings ~6 Word Memoir
Hummingbirds bring magic to my garden. Our area of California is host to the resident Anna's so we have hummingibrds year round. During the spring fall migration, we are graced with the feisty activity of the Rufous-rowdy little devils-as well as the beautiful Calliope (the smallest bird species in North America). The Black Chin is a summer resident. I never tire of their presence. They help me take pause as I work amongst the flowers--such little jewels flashing their iridescence in the sunlight on those magic wings.



And my second posting:

it's a big world out there ~ six words

In continuation of the six words challenge, this baby Honker was just hours old, all alone. It took us no time at all however, to see that this little one had ambitions beyond the confines of an incubator. I thought I'd include a second shot for the one word challenge. Its determination won it a spot out under the heat lamp with three other newbies even though he was still wet behind the ears!
One of the things I look forward to each spring is visiting my friend Loretta where she tends the Rancho Esquon egg salvation program. Primarily set up to rescue Mallard eggs that would be lost to ag equipment in the rice fields, she also receives other eggs. Someone recently brought in a huge number of Canada Goose eggs from nests that were in jeopardy from rising lake levels. We could hear beeping when she pulled out the egg frames to check the progress. This little fella had hatched and was stuck in the back. When she moved it to a safer location so it could finish drying off, it was determined to find a way out of the incubator.  




I had one last photo that I worked for this project but didn't post out to the group.  I had moved on to Day 4 and combined the one word thought with the light and focus concept of that day.






No comments: